Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sinigang na Hipon and Taking Action



"Daddy, what is the taste of tamarind?" my son asks me.

"Sour" I responded "Why?"

"How about candy," he continues ignoring my question.

"Sweet", I replied.

"Ok. Thank You. We studied about different kinds of taste in school " he proudly tells me.

True enough. He has memorized by heart the different kinds of food and their corresponding taste as they appeared in his textbook. Ask him about a food and he can tell the taste. He even answered his quiz without making a single mistake on this topic.



But, I will let you in on a little secret. My son is a picky eater.

He only eats fried chicken, chicken nuggets, and meat loaf. It is not healthy. I know. I and my wife are trying our best to let him try other food and one day we succeeded.

He gave in to my suggestion to try "Sinigang na Hipon" (I don't know how to translate this in English but the food that I am talking about is shrimp cooked in tamarind. It tastes sour.)

Then I asked him "How does it taste?"

He answered with full confidence "Sweet!"



End of Story. 


I will end this post with this "Whatever it is that you know you should be doing, do it now! All that thing you know in your head is useless if you do not know how to use it in the real world. You will know the real deal if you apply it in real life. Learn by doing"


P.S. My son now knows that it tastes "sour".





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...