Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Namesake in the NBI Records

For those who subscribed to my blog for personal finance and personal development posts, you may skip this post. I just had a funny story to share and can't help but make an entry on this site. You will get your posts next Tuesday and I know you will like it.

NBI person: Sir, hindi po kayo maaasikaso ng satellite office. Kailangan nyo hong magpunta sa main office sa carriedo. (Sa quiapo pa dati ang NBI)

Guy: Bakit po sir?

NBI person: Main lang po kc nagpoprocess nung sa inyo. Me kapangalan po kc kayo.


Guy: Sino???

via BAMCorp

That was the story. If you did not get it then wait for five minutes. Kuha mo na? Meron lang talaga mga taong pinanganak na slow. Hehehe.

Ayun, from that moment, I have always been curious who my namesake is. My dad's surname is not common. It was so uncommon that I completed my schooling from elementary up to college including my masteral na walang nagiging classmate na kaapelyido ko.

Because of that, I have always been curious. I always wonder who that guy is and who between us can make the name "anthony cabiao" more popular. Who between us has lived a better life in the past 30 years or so of our lives (i always assume that the namesake is older than me).

Applying for A New Certificate

Last month, I decided to apply for an NBI certificate and tackle this frog on my to do list. As expected, my record got a hit and I have to go back two weeks after. I never complained because I was used to that.

In the past, I will argue that it is impossible to have a namesake with the same birthdate. But of course, I live in a third world country and I should not expect a government agency to provide a world class database that can distinguish two individuals with the same name and same birthdate as two different individuals because of different fingerprints.

Enough negativity and on with the story. So today I am here in NBI main office to finally know more about the guy. Excited but a little bit scared. Syempre naman. Paano kung sa interview e mamatay tao pala kapangalan ko tapos ako yung napagbitangan pumatay. Ayaw ko makulong. Bakit? Hindi kc ako magaling sumayaw. Uso na sa mga kulungan sa pinas na pasayawin ang mga preso kagaya ng Cebu dancing inmates. Proud ako sikat sila subalit hindi nga ako magaling sumayaw.

Anyway, ms gloria oriol interviewed me and she was very warm and friendly. She asked me if I have lived in San Jose, Antipolo Rizal and I said "negative". She continued that my namesake has a theft case. I was required to swore an oath and they finally gave me the clearance.

It was funny sight as we were called one by one to swear an oath. One was accused of child abuse, one was rape and the other one was estafa. These crimes are not funny and whoever did it deserve the punishment. I just find it funny hearing the accusations to the other pinoys who also have namesakes but innocents.

Learning

I would not end a post without sharing anything. Life is a journey of learning and not of entertainment alone. After all these hassle and hiccups, i have two things in mind.

Your Name is Your Brand
Do you remember that old phrase "Huwag na wag mong dudungisan ang pangalan natin" spoken in old movies and telenovelas? A name is just a name. However, our actions put some descriptions to our name. If we want a good reputation, we should build it by engaging in activities that are worthwhile and valuable.

Smiling Works
While improvements has been and still being done, lining up to transact business with a government agency will test anyone's patience. My advice is force a smile on your face. It will help you feel good inspite of the hassle. Fake it until it becomes real.

Don't forget to subscribe so you won't miss any updates >>> Keep Me Posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...