Thursday, October 10, 2013

Knowing Where You Want To Go And Going There

I have shared this in facebook and sharing it here in my blog.

The other day, while we are in 7-11 and drinking water, my son blurted out of nowhere "Daddy, I want to become like you!"

Upon hearing that, a smile broke in my face. I swear blood rushed to my cheeks and I was proud and ecstatic. Who wouldnt? I think all parents will feel proud if they hear their kid saying that they want to grow up just like them. I was about to ask my son why we want to become like me but he continued without me asking.

"Daddy, I want to be fat like you. How do I become fat like you!"


LOL. Akala ko gusto nya maging CPA o auditor kagaya ko. Iba pala na isip nya.

At least he has a goal in mind. As I have written in Day 1 of Personal Finance post, goal setting is important. You have to know where you want to go so you can plan accordingly.

Speaking of knowing where you want to go, there are three places I wish I can visit before the year ends.

Places to Visit


I love traveling. Traveling is combining learning and leisure at the same time. I am planning to visit the following places in the coming months

Cebu
Cebu Historical Monument via Constantine Agustin
Warm friendly people and cheap eat all you can buffet! My first trip in Cebu was in 2003 for a business followed by a leisure trip with my wife in 2008.

While I have been to the city twice, I still want to go back. I want to visit Cebu's wonderful beaches while savoring the cheap seafood buffet around the city.

My friend told me about the Sky Walking adventure in Cebu plus the new hotels that has opened since my last visit. I really can't wait to go back.

This time, I will bring my son with me so we can do the Historical Tour around the place. Also, this will be some sort of a religious trip for my family being Catholics. Christianity was first introduced in Cebu before it spread in the whole archipelago of the Philippines.



Davao
Ista Reta Beach, Samal Davao via Constatine Agustin
My mom was in Davao earlier this year and brought home "marang". It is a local fruit in Davao which is very sweet and yummy. Mangosteen is also a very popular fruit. While these are available here in Metro Manila, it will be nice to buy them at the source where it is fresh and affordable.

My plan for Davao is to visit the Philippine Eagle Foundation. It will be a sight to behold for me and my son to see the monkey-eating eagles.





Boracay
Boracay Beach via mikeymckay
No one gets tired of going back to Boracay. I was there in June for a solo trip but Boracay never bored me. Parasailing, snorkeling, skim boarding are just few of the activities that will entice one to keep coming back to this wonderful island.

Just look at this sunset and for sure your mind will be flooded with images of a relaxing evening by the shore while sipping a wine or the ever famous Jonah's fruit shake.





I really plan to visit these places this year. However, I know that it will put a hole in my pocket if I don't plan well. Going to three places will require me to spend money. I have to plan well and I will since I have this advocacy on personal finance.

Good thing, there's a good news. Air Asia Philippines is moving its flights from Clark Airport to NAIA Terminal 4. If you are not aware, si Air Asia lang naman ang world's 5-time best low cost airline. This suits spendthrift people like us perfectly!

AirAsia Zest, The Right Way to Fly
The Air Asia and Zest Air partnership is now named Air Asia Zest. The good thing about this partnership is the strength of their combined network of domestic and international routes while still providing unrivalled daily low fares. Air Asia may now take you to your destination at affordable prices.

In fact, they are daring us to compare prices. And this is exactly what we should do. As part of making most of our money, we should look at our options and go for the best deal. Without a doubt, Air Asia Zest makes travel in the Philippines affordable for all Filipinos.

So if you are planning to visit Cebu, Davao, Kalibo (Boracay), Puerto Princesa, Tagbilaran, Cagayan De Oro go check out their website at airasia.com. Remember, AirAsia Zest may now take you to your destination at affordable prices (AirAsia Zest dares you to compare prices!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...