Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 My Year End Review (Personal Entry)














I've been following The Personal Excellence Blog since September 2010 and i decided it would be good to do my own personal year end review for myself.

According to Celestine, doing year end review is important for the following reasons
  1. Draw lessons from the year
  2. Wrap up what you've done this year
  3. Regain focus
  4. Start the next year on a high note
If you want to do your own personal review, here are the questions to ask yourself
  1. What are your biggest accomplishments this year? (Accomplishments here refer to any results you are proud of)
  2. What are the biggest lessons you've learned this year?
  3. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with how you spent the year? (Or if you prefer giving grades, what grade would you give yourself for how this year turned out, between F- to A+?) Why?
  4. What do you want to accomplish next year, such that it's your best year ever?
  5. What are your immediate next steps to achieve these goals?

So I did my review and here are the biggest accomplishments i have for 2010
  • using MS Access - I got a 3 units of MS Access back in 3rd year college with introductions on primary key and secondary key. I don't really have a working knowledge on it but i just thought it will be a useful tool in one of the tasks we monitor in our office. I opened the help file and created a sample tracking database. My boss was supportive enough to try it and i thought it worked well in consolidating the tracking of our work. I still have a lot to learn and to fix the rough edges but i am happy i did something useful.
  • reactivating my blog - I've been writing for quite sometime but was not able to post regularly. Last year, i have decided to make my blog public and add new entries. I consider this as an accomplishment because this blog helps me become a better writer. For 2011, i have bigger goals. I want my blog to help others too and not only myself. Right now, i have few hits every now and then but i want my blog help others do things such as invest in stocks or spend money wisely
  • completing my strama paper - Another step in getting my MBA Degree. This year, i managed to complete all the required courses and pass the paper. After years of trying to find time for school and work, i'm almost done except for the Oral Comprehensive Exam. 

Biggest Lessons I've Learned This Year

  • Passion is the key - Any tasks or job is not cumbersome or tiring if i am passionate in doing it. 
  • I should focus on what i can do and not on what i have
  • Avoid negative people - They transfer negative thoughts and energy. 
  • Be more friendly - Everyone has a story to tell. I need to listen and learn. I gain nothing in speaking.
  • Make myself proud - I should quit thinking how people will think of me but guide my actions by thinking "will i be proud of myself if i do this?" 
My Grade?

I'll give my 2010 a B+. Not that great. A lot of room for improvement but still a passing grade.

Next Steps

2011 will be a great year for me. I have plans laid out for the year. I just need to break it down into doable steps and actions. 
Right now, I'm not yet comfortable in sharing my goals but my 2011 goals are written. I see it everyday. I guess doing the 30DLBL was really a big help. If you want to have focus in your life, i suggest try doing the it too. Materials are here in this link.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...