Saturday, April 23, 2011

The KEG Deal at DealGrocer

I was one of the 250 people who bought the Keg Deal at DealGrocer. As i have mentioned in my previous post where i listed Philippine Group Buying Sites that i know, I'll be blogging my experience using the vouchers.


Here's the deal's ad 

"There are nights where you just want to be unpretentiously comfy in a casual setting with good friends and over great food and drinks. For nights like those, there's a spot called KEG at The Fort Strip that's actually been named by spot.ph as home to the #2 and #5 Top 10 Bar drinks in the country."

That's why these summer nights, KEG is offering half-off on all items on their menu, exclusively for Deal Grocer members! Bring as many friends over and order anything up to P1,000 worth of food and drinks for just P500."

Reservation
The voucher says reservations are recommended. Walk-in customers are allowed but subject to seat availability. When i bought the voucher, i don't have specific date when to use the voucher. That day, around 5pm in the afternoon and one hour after end of working hours, i called up my wife and decided that I'll use the voucher. The voucher has the terms (which is good) but i am somewhat disappointed not to see the merchant's numbers in the voucher. If i am expected to reserve, it would be a great customer experience if i can immediately see the Merchant's contact details as well. 

Having that number in the voucher would be a great customer experience as it facilitates reservation. Besides, it serves as an advertisement platform. The group buying site can charge the merchant for this free advertising because for sure, some people would be showing their printed vouchers to officemates and friends just to tell them they got a good deal.

Nevertheless, i was able to google the merchant's number and called them up. I just told them i am a voucher holder of Deal Grocer and i'm booking a reservation. The other line confirmed and that was it. An easy breezy.

Dining In
Arriving at the merchant, me and my wife are too early. hehehe. I know it is a bar and it is Friday but nevertheless, people are still not there. I guess 7pm is too early for the single people out there. My wife and I laughed at the fact that we seldom go out and in case we do, we try to be home as early as possible like 9pm. When we were still single and unmarried, 9pm is just like the meeting time whenever we go out and do some Friday night activities.

For the food and drinks, we ordered buffalo chicken, seafood linguine pasta and two mango mojitos. My bill totaled P1078 so i shelled out less than a hundred since my voucher entitles me up to P1,000 worth of food.

The food was good. The buffalo wings is lovely and so was the pasta. I was just so happy that i got the deal. I know that from that point, i'll be purchasing more deals. Whenever we dine out and eat in something fancy ( i call any resto that you don't have to line up to the cashier to pay as fancy) i usually spend P700 - P800 range. With the voucher, i just paid P500, saving myself P200 but adding P200 to the total worth of food that i am buying. Great deal. Thank you Deal Grocer!


Summary 
I enjoyed it. Not only because i saved but also i had dinner with my wife. She enjoyed it too! I'd like to share some of the photos of the food.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...