Tuesday, August 31, 2010

How i cheated my way in getting my degrees.

I'm a cheater. This is the first time that i will admit that i cheated my way through college. I cheated in my CPA exams. I cheated in my CIA exams. In fact, I've been cheating since my elementary days.

I would not have gotten all the medals, honors and certification that i have today without cheating. If that will surprise you, then you'll be more surprised that i have an accomplice.

He's been with me since i started cheating. He's there during the planning session and in the actual cheating. Want to know who my accomplice is?

God. Yeah. God helped me cheat in a good way.

I guess you know how students prepare for exam by writing notes, preparing acronyms and other review schemes. I did all of those and added one more thing.

During my review, i will utter a prayer and dictate all the answers to God. All of the information that i think that will be asked during the exams, I will read it to Him and ask Him to remind me in case i forget.

On the actual examination, the moment the professor informs the class that we can start answering, i immediately talk to God and start going through all the questions with Him. I think it was successful because i passed all the examinations. If you are wondering if i got perfect scores in all of my exams, I did not. There are questions that i can still not answer. I blame it for not telling Him the correct answer. Sometimes he tells me the answer. Sometimes not. But the important thing i got from it was my close relationship with God.

and now, i miss my buddy. I've been too pre-occupied with my responsibilities as a father, husband and a son. Too busy to talk to Him as i go through my daily chores in life. Maybe, because my life now is no longer about taking exams and passing them. It is no longer about periodical examinations but rather real life problems not answerable by True or False. Life is no longer a multiple choice but a daily grind of cases that have myriads of solutions.

The good thing about it though, is that I can have that friendship back. God never closes his door but welcomes all of His prodigal sons. I pray that I'll nurture this relationship with all that i can. For i know, my life is not a series of tests but a one life-long exam and the grade would not be given until Judgment time. I just hope i pass that exam but listening and doing all what my cheating buddy tells me from now on.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...