Friday, October 22, 2010

Be in Charge of Your Life and Your Goals



Not Making A Decision is a Decision










I heard this from one of my sales management professor. During that time, the class is deciding when to hold the next class session. He asked those interested to choose Friday to raise their hands and counted the number of hands raised. He then asked those who wanted to have it on Saturday and counted them again. As we were only given to either choose Friday or Saturday, he was surprised that his tally did not equal to the number of students. There are those who chose not to select Friday or Saturday thus his quote.


If we look at it, there's a big truth to his statement. We are the only one is responsible for our actions. No one else.
Those who were given a choice and did not respond allowed others to decide for them and unfortunately these people will choose what is beneficial for them and not what is beneficial to those who did not raise their hands.


I've read in one of the Sid Savara's blog

I am 100% responsible for my actions

* I am 100% responsible for my inaction
* I am 100% responsible for my distraction
* I am 100% responsible for my reactions
* I am 100% responsible for my proaction

Now, knowing that we are responsible for our actions and inactions, we should make a conscious efforts to act towards our goals. This means that whatever it is that you are going through today and if you think life sucks, change your mindset. Be responsible.

If Life throws you a lemon, you are given a choice. You can either do nothing or you can sulk and whine how miserable your life is or DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT and make a lemonade.

What do you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...